Season 10 Wrap Up

Season 10 is ending!

S10 News!

Season 10 playoffs are nearly here! There are still a few days left to get games in for playoffs, with the deadline on December 11th. On that day, those playoff matches will be determined and posted. If you fail to complete your Division games by that date, tough luck.

Badges are still in the process of being produced. Unfortunately, with the NS2 Halloween updates and as well as Hive 2, they fell on the backburner. They’re being worked on again this week. Badges will work just as any other badge in NS2, attached to Hive. Only the winners will receive badges.

New Admins!

Given the tenacity of NS2’s community, it’s no surprise four years on there would still be a competitive scene. While it hasn’t been the smoothest ride for S10, starting with the unfired Newcomer’s Tournament to the experimentation with dual-bracket Div 2, it’s awesome that players can still play NS2 in an organized fashion at a high level.

Most of these problems and issues stem from Zavaro and I, as these were experimental ideas which we hoped would help grow the community. It’s important to conclude from these that people are still (and to an extent increasingly moreso) interested in comp-play, with 81 sign-ups before the deadline for the unfired Newcomer’s Tournament. To reiterate that point, we had many players sign up and play this season initially without teams, and joining those by way of the Looking for Team system which proved an incredible tool for new players. On dual-bracket Div 2: we received some pretty decent feedback which illuminated that some serious refinement needs to happen if it is used again. Overall, the season was an incredibly rewarding learning experience, and helped a lot of new players enjoy NS2 in the most rewarding way.

Unfortunately, due to the increasing encumbrance of stresses and obligations outside of NS2 and the ENSL, Zavaro and I will be stepping down from our respective positions. Consider this our apology: please welcome Deck, Mephilles, Mega,and Knox as your new admins!

Note: Due to these time constraints, Zavaro has halted all of his active involvement with Natural Selection 2. If you have map issues, please post them on the official forums in the map thread!

Tico on 08 December 16 23:19

Comments

Blank CmdrKeen

RIP the king, long live Mega.

9 December 2016, 00:21

Blank Malware

Mega as our new Head Admin, Deck as the Babysitter-Dadmin!

9 December 2016, 13:33

Blank Absurdon | placeholder

Praise Mega our new lord and saviour.

9 December 2016, 16:55

Blank DCDarkling

While I have had plenty of complaints about the season, I will say I do appreciate the work you all put in.
We HAVE a season, that counts for something.

So uhm... #blamemeph?

9 December 2016, 22:08

Noavatar

Blank Deck | Team Awesome

Let's get the playoff matches going. Hopefully we can get the matches posted when they are set and get casters for each.

Brackets set for the playoffs!: Brackets

11 December 2016, 08:19

Blank cabooble | strats

I, for one, welcome our new German overlords.

11 December 2016, 12:24

Noavatar

Blank Resistor

Damn, I thought that season already ended for our team...

11 December 2016, 15:25

Blank Absurdon | placeholder

u released everyone into holidays already?

11 December 2016, 15:32

Blank jiriki | old people

Thanks for the work Tico.

14 December 2016, 17:22

New Comment
Please log in or register to post comments.