Finals Divisions & 1st Week!

1st Week!

Finally it has come to this and I would like to inform all teams that the 1st Week is starting today and will end on sunday which is the default time. Please check the rules, divisions, schedule and maps. There was some debate about the possible systems so please check it out before carrying any vendettas on the staff. So in the other words, check your opponent and schedule your match. I created ENSL Clan Leader Steam community for this purpose. It is meant to have one reprsentative per team. Then please notice that the 2nd-7th week maps are not finals and there will a map discussion today evening between the leaders.

System

This system will be like the last season. 1st Division will have 7 weeks of mayhem of division teams battling against each other. 2nd division is split to two groups, each of which will last for 5 weeks. After the group stage, Semi-Finals will be played between 1st of group A and 2nd of group B and vice versa. Winners of these matches will face each other in the Finals.

ENSL Plugin & Mandatory Snapshots!

This season we are enforcing ENSL Plugin for official match servers. However please do not install it yet. We found some issues that need to be addressed before the plugin is ready for public use. The current bugs won't make it unusable but can cause some nuisance.

Player should know that snapshots are mandatory as well and random snapshot checks will be done on all teams. Please inform your teammates about this. When you will be asked for snapshots, you need to be able to provide them - no going around it. In case the snapshots are not provided you will be suspended for 2 weeks and need to post your snapshots of every game after that.

Plugin info page is here.

Yours,
ENSL Staff
jiriki on 24 April 08 00:03

Comments

Noavatar

Blank Admirable | God Squad

BOOYA!

My boy Ari got mad posting skillz yo!

24 April 2008, 00:44

Blank frG | TROLLS

Good work on the divisions and such.

There is however one thing that attracts my attention, you can NOT enforce a plugin or whatsoever, when it just ISNT ready, its not because i dont want to install the plugin, because i do, i think its a good plugin and some good features, however i am allways carefull with this as it might result in crashed/bugs, that will change the ongoing game outcome.

My opinion on the plugin:

It hasnt been tested good enough yet, to make it mandatory for this season.

What if we were playing sprogga, and sprogga was winning the round(at least it looked that way), but unfortunately due to a code error in the plugin or similar, is it fair to replay the round ? is it fair to give that round to sprogga ?

Anyway keep up the good work, and i hope the plugin comes out of beta stage asap.

24 April 2008, 00:44

Noavatar

Blank FatManMGS2 | Indie Game of Year

Hi, the ENSL Clan Leader group is invite only -- could I get an invite?

24 April 2008, 03:38

Noavatar

Blank GibbZ | 9L

"What if we were playing sprogga, and sprogga was winning the round(at least it looked that way), but unfortunately due to a code error in the plugin or similar, is it fair to replay the round ? is it fair to give that round to sprogga ?"

Don't worry it only crashes when sprogga are losing.

24 April 2008, 05:31

Blank Arj | Ant

Superb job on map selection, finally some variation

24 April 2008, 09:12

Blank jiriki | old people

frG, it hasn't crashed the server when playing a round ever. it has overflowed people when the game has ended but I haven't witnessed a single crash during live game. I'm not gonna enforce it before it is ready, but I will relase the new package soon.

24 April 2008, 09:36

Blank qin

Ari the Ant

24 April 2008, 09:45

Noavatar

Blank Admirable | God Squad

Aye!
I've never seen the plugin kill a game.
I have the utmost faith in the ENSL plugin.
In jiriki we trust...

24 April 2008, 10:02

Noavatar

Blank JetJagusaurus

sR will win div1.

FO SHO!

24 April 2008, 10:09

Blank d-

Orbital :||||||||

I'm making a mental not not to be here for week 4 :D

24 April 2008, 10:29

Blank Hammond | coolclan

not a single crash, jiriki? :(

24 April 2008, 11:24

Blank Talis | Quaxy

To me it seems that our opponents are too low, id rather play vs some more skilled than we are. Or is it just that im so out of the scene nowadays that i dont know how good someone/some team is

24 April 2008, 11:46

Blank Hammond | coolclan

yep.

24 April 2008, 13:04

Pizza, I think (by server uptime) there have been some crashes overnight I dont know if caused by plugin or not, but I havent seen I can't remember it crashing a live game though. Correct me If I'm wrong.

24 April 2008, 13:49

Blank Cheesy

There was one, think it was sprogga vs ? dont know.

24 April 2008, 14:01

Blank Hammond | coolclan

I was just referring to me being kicked from the server in the middle of a round, twice. My personal server crash :)

24 April 2008, 14:19

Pizza, yeah that one, and I think I know what caused that and have fixed it for this version.

24 April 2008, 14:43

Blank lump

Tbh i said that too talis but sprogga don't want "easy wins" so they get their way.. shame for the teams in div2 who get raped I guess?

24 April 2008, 15:09

Noavatar

Blank GreeN | cisequaltothree

"Tbh i said that too talis but sprogga don't want "easy wins" so they get their way.. shame for the teams in div2 who get raped I guess?"

24 April 2008, 15:48

Noavatar

Blank Tweadle

My points were always to do with the system being used, not the teams we play. I was against a large div1 for different reasons to what you're implying, check the logs!

24 April 2008, 21:21

Blank lump

you've made the same arguement more than once.. how has what I've said not been to do with the system being used?? lol.. you're either not reading what I say or thick as shit :D

Remember.. the system changes the teams you play against!!!

OMGOMGMOMGOMGMG

It's so confusing, just like when players from the other team can't play.. confusing times ey?

25 April 2008, 11:15

Noavatar

Blank Tweadle

Yeah, but I was talking about how the system affects the context within which we play the teams. Not how it affects the actual teams we play. There is a difference. The fact that it affects which teams we play did not factor into my reasoning at all - it just happened as a result. To make clearer my motives:

Tweadle: what i mean by it though is that there's no pressure on most of our games
Tweadle: with a big div
Tweadle: losing a round here or there is the difference between finals or not

Tweadle: but you can't deny that losing rounds is more costly in a non-split div1 than a split div1
Tweadle: and pressure is fun

And to re-iterate my lack of input on to team selection (I know my input for the system affected it anyway):

Tweadle: i'm going to butt out of div2 suggestions
Tweadle: not enough of them play us to know

So anyway, what i just said was that "my points were always to do with the system". I knew that changing the system would change the teams but that was not my motive behind stating my preference for a different scheme. You just make it sound like sprogga, namely me, bullied jiriki into complying :(

25 April 2008, 11:45

Blank lump

What you said, doesn't effect what I said. It doesn't argue with it, it doesn't change it, it doesn't effect it. It's just talking about nothing to try and justify the arguements you put forward which cannot be justified without placing certain teams in higher priority than others.

IF certain teams didn't get a higher priority than others, the balance could be improved for all the teams in the league, but it hasn't been, because soem teams get higher priority than others.

I've already named names.

25 April 2008, 12:13

Blank lump

Tweadle: yeah i just don't want to play shitty run-ups to the important games

25 April 2008, 12:16

Blank lump

it's no biggie though, I was just agreeing with talis before you lot jumped in

25 April 2008, 12:43

Noavatar

Blank Tweadle

What i'm responding to is the implication that we just don't want to play certain teams because they're too "easy". By shitty run-ups, i was also referring to the pressure on those games being almost nil.

25 April 2008, 12:43

Noavatar

Blank JetJagusaurus

how's NS2 going? Super good like the BUS?

25 April 2008, 16:37

Blank lump

lol tweadle.. what are you on about?

25 April 2008, 18:27

Noavatar

Blank Fana | Archaea

If we win the poll, it doesn't matter if we don't win ENSL.

25 April 2008, 18:48

Blank Iots | el'pheer

I'll vote for you, fag.

25 April 2008, 20:11

Blank Sharpi

i am seeing lots of nsplayers running around eating lard, but it just really, was ots teh retard

26 April 2008, 10:46

Blank mu

from now on everyone shall refer to talis as tails

26 April 2008, 11:16

Blank qin

Mock not the Tails from Sonic 2 !

26 April 2008, 18:12

New Comment
Please log in or register to post comments.